A few summers ago, we took a trip to Florida and I remember one specific afternoon that we spent at Daytona Beach. The water was vast, and shimmered in the sun with a heavenly blue. It’s power and depth really made me step back. I was overwhelmed by the beauty of God’s creation. I sat down in the edge of the water and just soaked up the view in front of me. My hands started to play in the soft white sand and then I looked into my hands. Each grain of sand, was unique. The sand itself was made of flecks and shapes, and none of them were the same. It was really a very personal experience with God at that moment, knowing that his creativity was far beyond my own imagination. In that moment I was reminded that this whole world is made with God’s master mind of invention and design. The most wonderful thought for me was being reminded that I was a part of that amazing design.
Like the grains of sand, we are shaped and honed by the master designer, unique by his plan. Even though you may be a twin, or there is someone that looks similar to you, there will always be differences. Like the grains of sand, we are shaped by our environment. The waters that carry us, smooth our edges, and the storms may literally heave us into a new place in our lives. No matter what, we remain a unique design that God is continually shaping as he carries us through the waters. Like the grains of sand, enjoy the ride on the waves. Trust in him and take in the changes. You are not floating aimlessly. The tide is directed by his hand and no matter where you land, he is with you. He has purposed each second of your life. Your days and all of their details are written down personally by the hand of God. You are a “one-of-a-kind” and like the stars, the snowflakes and the sand, his dreams for your life are just as unique.
“Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” — Psalm 139:16
by Laurie Marks Vincent. – copyright, The Little Book of Abundance. Please do not copy without the expressed written permission of the author.
1) A chronic liar will not only believe his own lies but shares them wth others behind your back. That makes them a liar and a gossiper.
2) People who enable others to cause trouble are like a sore that never heals. They never let go and it makes them look like a fool, undesirable, impish and cowardly.
3) When you try to keep the past alive, by intruding on the lives of people who have exited your life, it only makes you look like a fool when the security man eventually drags you away.
4) When you take the feelings of others lightly, you distance yourself from love, as well as deep and authentic relationships.
5) When you leave God out of the equation, he can’t help you.
6) An anchor that falls to the ground cannot secure you in the storm, without a chain attached to it. Such is the case with hope as your anchor, because you need faith, like the chain, to secure you through the storm.
. 7) Daily acknowledging there is a Creator, puts your heart in the right place with a bigger perspective on life.
8) Daily acknowledging that you need to be rescued, means that you understand you cannot save yourself.
9) When you focus on fear, the negative and worry, they can lead your steps astray. Find freedom from these things before you are literally destroyed by your own words.
10) The only one who can make you truly complete is the one who made you. The original designer has the master blue-prints.
You are welcome to share this link but please do not copy without expressed written permission from the author. Laurie Marks Vincent
Lots of time with family and friends, enriching our spirits in the Word of God, laughter and food. I pray that you had a wonderful time as well, with family and friends, celebrating the birth of our Savior.
I’m also glad to let you know that my Devotional Series, “From Advent to New Year” is now available for instant download. All proceeds to go to ministry projects, and you can find it listed on the menu above under “Writing”.
A new Ministry Introduction has also been created. It is especially made avaiable through email to Pastor’s and Women’s Ministry as well as Christian Organizations etc. You are welcome to watch it here.
Happy New Year and may his Spirit go with you, in your comings and goings in every season of life.
Hey Friends, This word of encouragement was recorded at the same time that I did a phone interview on Rac Man Christian Radio. Audio is provided by Rac Man Christian Radio. I pray it blesses you today!
There is a special gift for you when you visit my website. It’s a pre-published edition of “The Garden Window”, It’s a fictional story inspired by true events and people, that includes a scripture study and two devotional teachings on “The Father’s Heart” and “Fighting The Elements”, the weapons of our warfare.
About the Story: Charlyse is 8 years old when she loses her Father due to a tragic accident. This short story takes you on their Mother and Daughter journey to find perfect love. While the enemy is stirring warfare behind the scenes, a stranger named Michael is sent as their protector.
Watch for the little form to slide in on the right top corner to request it FREE!
Since the website has a new look, the devotionals that I have posted in the recent past are no longer found here. If you’re interested in reading my past or current devotionals, you can stop by Afternoon Splash. This is where many of my devotionals are posted on a regular basis, along with many other writers as well. It’s a Women’s Ministry website, but the I’m sure men will also enjoy the many devotionals posted therel.